Rock Climbing Mount Ngungun (Glasshouse Mountains)
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Glasshouse Mountains, QLD
- Product code: AABNE-GHC
If you’re looking for a true-blue Queensland rock climbing experience, look no further than Mt Ngungun – a little mountain with a lot of character!
From short, atmospheric routes among the eucalypts to exposed, soaring columns reaching toward the sky, Mt Ngungun has a large variety of routes in a relatively small space. For decades, it has been the perfect introductory location for those who are entering the wonderful world of rock climbing. This mountain has a special place in many climber’s hearts.
Join the ranks and cut your teeth with the help of our fantastic Pinnacle guides. They’ll teach you everything you need to know for the session, from climbing skills to belaying techniques, as well as taking care of all the rigging and safety considerations. No experience needed, just turn up and climb!
This is a unique adventure in a unique location, one we think you’ll find quite hard to forget! If you get bitten by the climbing bug, take a look at our Adults Rock Climbing Course to take your climbing technique to the next level, or perhaps our Top Rope course to get your rope skills dialled.
SESSION TIME AND LOCATION
The activity runs for approximately 6 hours from 8am to 2:30pm (with some wiggle room for hiking thrown in). We’ll meet at the Mt Ngungun carpark, just past Glasshouse Mountains township, at 7:45am.
Private or group bookings are available on request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Our awesome guides are highly trained, fully accredited, and heaps of fun! They’ll teach you everything you need to know, as well as take care of the safety procedures and provide all the gear, including harness, helmet, climbing shoes and all other technical equipment.
WHAT TO BRING
Although your guide will provide all the safety gear, you’ll still need to bring a few bits and pieces, including:
Non-restrictive clothing. Check the weather forecast to get an idea of the conditions, but remember that the summit is exposed and weather can change quickly, so a light jacket or wind jacket can be handy
Enclosed footwear such as hiking boots or runners, sturdy enough to handle a rough trail
A backpack big enough to carry all your gear plus some of the required safety equipment (e.g. ropes)
2-3 litres of water, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses
Your own food and snacks, full of energy to keep you happy and psyched!
Can’t do a pull up? Don’t worry – climbing is more about technique than strength! That said, you will need a moderate amount of fitness to get to the summit of Mt Ngungun. The hike takes about 1 hour, and you’ll need to carry some gear such as ropes in your backpack.
Why choose Team Pinnacle?
With more than 15 years of experience, Pinnacle Sports is South East Queensland’s leading provider of rock climbing and abseiling training and experiences. We work closely with Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) and other management organisations to ensure that our outdoor activities are fully permitted and environmentally sound. Our reputation for high quality outdoor experiences has been built on low instructor to participant ratios, meaning you get more time to do the rad stuff! Here at Team Pinnacle, we love all things vertical and we’re looking forward to sharing our passion with you.
THE FINE PRINT
Minimum participant age is 8 years old (participants under 13 can climb only, they require a parent or legal guardian to belay them) and all participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by an parent or legal guardian)
Participants under 13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent to assist them with belaying
All participants must complete a waiver prior to beginning the activity. Participants under 18 years of age will require a parent or guardian to sign their waiver
Not recommended during pregnancy
This activity is subject to minimum and maximum numbers to run. In the event that the minimum number of participants are not available, the activity may be rescheduled.
In the event of serious weather conditions, the session may be rescheduled
This activity takes place in Glasshouse Mountains National Park. There are no toilet facilities on or near the mountain, so consider making a pitstop in Glasshouse Mountains township before the activity.
Pinnacle Sports has a team of passionate and qualified staff. Our activities all run with a small group-to-guide ratio to offer the best possible experience and the highest level of safety. Because of these small group sizes, late cancellations can have a significant impact on our profitability and, therefore, we have the following policy for cancellations:
- No-shows forfeit their payment and no re-booking/refunds will be given.
- If you are late to an activity, you may be permitted to participate, provided that the guide is satisfied it will not impact the safety of the group or impose unreasonable delays. If the guide does not allow you to participate due to lateness, you will be treated as a no-show.
- Because we run small group sizes, cancellations made less than 72 hours before the activity commences will not be eligible for a refund, in recognition of the low likelihood that we would be able to fill your spot on short notice.
- If you need to cancel within the 72 hours prior to the activity commencing, you are able to donate your spot to someone else, provided that their details are provided to us prior to the activity commencing. If this requirement is not met and/or they do not show up to the activity, it will be treated as if you had simply cancelled the booking.
- Pinnacle Spots reserves the right to cancel any activity for any reason, including but not limited to: venue closures, illness of the tour operator, pandemic events, and other diseases declared to be quarantinable diseases. If Pinnacle Sports cancels an activity of its own initiative, participants will be issued with a credit for the value of the course and offered the chance to re-book at a later date.