The Bell Tower Experience
- Duration: 45 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Perth , WA
- Product code: PKVZYG
The Bell Tower is the only place in the world where you can view bell ringing in action! Have a go with at an interactive Bell Chiming Experience where you can try the art of bell ringing yourself with an experienced tour guide. Learn about the history of the Bell Tower and the historic royal bells!
Commemorating Australia’s bicentenary in 1988, twelve bells of the eighteen bells in the tower were a gift from St Martin in the Fields. The additional bells include two from the cities of London and Westminster, who each gifted one bell to the project, and a total of three bells bestowed by a consortium of British and Australian mining companies. Completing the ring of eighteen bells, a sixth new bell was commissioned by the Western Australian Government to mark the second millennium.
- Book in your preferred date and time
- Enjoy a 30-minute guided interactive Bell Chiming Experience
- Marvel at the stunning views of the Swan River and Perth City from the observation deck
- Receive a Bell Chiming Certificate to commemorate your experience
- Record a FREE video postcard to send to your friends and family
- Explore rare and fascinating artifacts, historic bells from cultures in displays that line the gallery walls.
- Bell Tower Entry Ticket including access to all public levels including the observation deck
- 30-minute guided interactive Bell Chiming Experience
- Bell Chiming Certificate
Before your tour:
Tours run Monday - Saturday, between 10.30am - 2.30pm
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your tour start time
- Experienced bell ringers perform in concert every Monday and Thursday 12pm - 1pm and no Bell Tower Experience Tours take place during these times. Days and times are subject to change without notice.
To maximise your experience we recommend booking your tour for Monday or Thursday at 11.30am or 1pm. This way you can enjoy the interactive Chiming Experience, see the bells ring by the professionals (between 12 noon and 1pm every Monday and Thursday) and listen to the new 6.5 tonne ANZAC Bell ring at 12 noon for 1 minute!
Visiting the Bell Tower is one of the top things to do in Perth and it is the first of its kind in the world.